POST 3: A person I would like to meet

 

In my life, I would like to meet a lot of famous persons: writers, social fighters, poets and extensive list of etceteras. But there is one person that I considered very special in my life and for the chilean culture: Hernán Rivera Letelier. 

Hernán Rivera Letelier its a chilean writer, born in the Pampa on the north of Chile. He lived his childhood surrounded of labor exploitation, poverty and her father´s hardwork example. In this epoch he learned about culture, people and history of the Pampa, and he developed a very special passion about the where he was born. 
The thing that I most admire in Rivera Letelier its his capacity to watch, analyze and to write about the Pampa´s life. He understand prety well the political and social history of that place and he writes beautifuls, intense and important books about it. Some books of his autorship: La Reina Isabel cantaba rancheras, El autodidacta, El fantasista, and one of my favorite books, Santa María de las Flores Negras. 
He won a lot of awards, like Premio Alfagura or Caballero de la Orden de las Artes y de las Letras. 
His books open my eyes -and my family´s eyes- trough his prose so sensitive and honest about events that our official history tries to denie. 



Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog